Website Conversion Completed

Our conversion from Blogger to WordPress is complete.  We have resubmitted our sitemap and will be re-indexing to fix any broken search links to reduce those 404 Not Found errors. If you find something wrong, please let us know at ZuniSoft Support.

Please follow and like us:

New Site Under Construction

We are in the process of updating our site from Blogger to WordPress. Everything should work except for internal links and code syntax highlighting of which we are working on.

Please pardon our dust!

Please follow and like us:

WordPress Plugin Form Submissions

Development of my first WordPress plugin brought me to a basic piece of functionality, handling form submissions. I knew that I could submit a form via AJAX; however, that would not work for forms that allow file uploads without adding extra code and page markup. Being new to the world of WordPress, I went on a search for how this should be done. The search ended with a possible solution found on WordPress Answers.

Continue reading “WordPress Plugin Form Submissions”

Please follow and like us:

PHP & MySQL – Search Multiple Fields and Terms

Background

I needed to find a simple way to implement a text search on a table without using MySQL’s fulltext search functionality. I am currently limited to using a version of MySQL that only supports fulltext search on the MyISAM storage engine. My tables use the InnoDB storage engine, hence the problem. This post will show a quick and dirty way to search multiple database fields with multiple search terms using only SQL.

Continue reading “PHP & MySQL – Search Multiple Fields and Terms”

Please follow and like us:

Back to WordPress

After playing around with BlogEngine.NET for the last couple of months, I have decided to retire it and go back to WordPress. The bottom line is the software is not quite ready for Mono and Linux. There always seemed to be some minor issue to overcome whether it was installing a plugin or figuring out why your session was expiring unexpectedly. Most of these problems were related to subtleties in Mono’s implementation of .NET and while they were not show stoppers, they always seemed to get in the way of using the tool for its designed purpose.

I might have stuck with BE however, the project lacks any sort of unit or integration testing which would help with the quality of the releases. There appeared to be a number of bugs and discussion topics related to regression failures which confirmed this is a problem that could be mitigated through some sort of testing discipline.

I would like to thank the BlogEngine developers for creating a feature packed open source tool.  Please consider taking a test driven approach with future versions of BE and you will have a winner!

Please follow and like us:

New Site Layout

I found an exceptional WordPress theme named Abstractia by Rob Goodlatte. I liked it so well that I made it the theme for this site. There are a few kinks to work out such as getting Transmenu to work with IE 7 and figure out why I can’t add bookmarks to the bottom of my posts. Bookmark plugins work with my old WordPress theme but not this one. Kudos to Rob for a job well done!

Please follow and like us: